…learning through play
I will work together in partnership with parents and carers to ensure their child’s routine suits their needs and ages. To include naps at the usual times for younger children and required snacks and meal times, so that the children feel safe and secure. More like a home from home experience. The parents and carers are kept up-to-date with what their children are doing.
Relevant permission forms and routines will be discussed and confirmed before any child starting.
Meals can either be from home or I can provide meals for a small daily charge.
Obviously each day will differ dependant on the children’s ages, length of time spent here and likes and dislikes and prior arrangements made with parents and carers.
There is also a Children and Family Centre a couple of minutes walk away, which holds a range of groups.
- Arrival and welcome.
- Nutritional breakfast if required (with prior arrangement).
- Naps or play activities dependant on ages and home routines.
- Nutritional snack.
- Maybe messy play activities, or trip to the park, I will vary activities depending on ages of children and likes and dislikes.
- Nutritional lunch (with prior arrangement).
- Quiet time after lunch, nap for some, reading or maybe educational programme for others.
- More activities, could be an outing, dancing, painting and drawing, etc…
- Nutritional Snack.
- Further activities, e.g. Reading, games, music.
- Wind down time and getting ready for home.
- Nutritional dinner if required (with prior arrangement).
Activities will be linked to the Early Years Foundation Stage to help your child progress and learn in a fun way.